Group Visit Guidelines
Mindport welcomes groups of all ages. We appreciate your consideration in following these guidelines in an effort to make everyone’s experience enjoyable.
1. Call or email ahead of time to schedule your visit. Groups are scheduled with starting times between the first half hour after opening and the hour before closing. We reserve times on a first come, first served basis to avoid overlapping groups. We limit group size, especially during high attendance times.
2. Please establish a payment plan when making your reservation. Payment is due at the beginning of the visit. We accept cash, credit cards, and checks. Admission is $3 per person.
3. If you have never been to Mindport, please arrange to visit ahead of time to ensure Mindport is an appropriate choice for your group. This visit is free for group leaders.
4. Please come at your scheduled time, not early – and give us a call if you are running late. Contact us if your schedule needs to change.
5. Have a good ratio of adults to young people:
Under age 5, 1 adult – 1 child
Elementary age, 1 adult – 4 children
Age 11 and over, 1 adult – 6 youths
If members of your group require higher levels of support, the ratio of staff/chaperones should be adjusted accordingly. All staff/chaperones are expected to thoughtfully attend to the people they are supervising. Personal care attendants for people with disabilities are free of charge.
6. Have a plan for how to handle your whole group should an individual(s) become ill, injured, or need to leave the museum in advance of the group.
7. We have only 3 rules:
- Be respectful and interact gently with the exhibits
3. Use inside voices
Thank You! We look forward to your visit.